The Saddleback Promise Program
Who can apply?
Saddleback College-area graduating high school seniors who successfully complete COUN 100 course with a “C” grade or better during the spring 2019 semester, and whose calculated Expected Family Contribution (EFC) is less than 20,000 annually (the calculated EFC is determined after all financial aid documentation has been submitted to the Financial Aid Office).
1. Qualify as a California resident or be eligible by AB540 status
2. Register for Saddleback College courses and identify Saddleback as your “College of Record”
3. Enroll in Counseling 100 at a CUSD or SVUSD high school or COUN 100 online course during Spring 2019 semester
4. Complete 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or 2019-2020 CA Dream Act Application by April 2nd, 2019
5. Submit all required financial aid documents for the 2019-2020 award year by May 2nd, 2019
6. Complete the Saddleback College Promise Application by April 2nd, 2019
7. Enroll in 15 units or more for Fall 2019 and Spring 2020 (for a total of 30 units per school year), to include enrollments in:
a. Math and/or English each semester
b. Tutoring (TU 300 – Supervised Tutoring)
Requirements to Remain in Promise Program for second year:
1. See a counselor once per semester (by October 2019 and by April 2020)
2. Complete 2020-2021 FAFSA or 2020-2021 CA Dream Act Application and submit all required financial aid documentation
3. Complete 30 units by end of Spring 2020 semester
4. Earn a minimum cumulative gpa of 2.0+ by end of Spring 2020 semester
5. Be on track to achieve the required Math and English classes required for student’s academic goal
By clicking apply below, you are agreeing to comply with the Saddleback Promise Program requirements mentioned above.